Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2 continued: Where does it end..

Day Two's win is now questionable. I'm not going to lie. I ended the day making what I thought was a vegan stir fry only to be told by my vegan/ raw housemate that my noodles may well contain milk traces. He then added that even if they didn't I should not be eating them anyway as they were processed and would only take from my body.. FUCKING HELL! Where does this end?! I've survived day two without any animal products (that I know of) and also without my usual frequent large doses of sugar and I mess it up with a noodle?!

I've done some research and apparently while the Lactic acid in my noodles may sound like it is a milk derivative it's not necessarily, the name relates because it is also formed through a process of fermentation... you seeeeeee.

So here's a very useful veggie/ vegan resource to check suspicious ingredients:
www.vrg.org/ingredients

One more thing to ruin your Friday while I get an early night with a bit of Senor Almodovar..
apparently a real vegan wouldn't eat regular sugar either as it's gleaming white due to a horrible process of whizzing it through the charcoal of animal bones.

A nice internet lady called Jo can give you a much better explanation should you be interested
www.vegsource.com/jo/qa/qasugar.htm



What on earth have I got myself into? This is all getting really rather dark.

Farewell week and farewell eating without fear that if nothing else I'm still probably eating a slither of some creatures shin.

Day Two: FAIL FAIL FAIL