Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 17: WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A... SOPHISTICATED LADY VEGAN

source: http://jamesmax.co.uk/2011/07/you-can%E2%80%99t-polish-a-turd-but-you-can-roll-it-in-glitter/

Of course I don't really, the well known phrase referring to the polishing of a turd springs to mind, alas I wouldn't mind being a bit more of a sophisticated lady vegan blogger, perhaps occasionally rolled in glitter.

A friend has the very slick lady blog The Big Mac Blog and today she mentions yet another slick lady blogger Food Coma, who blogs about her mean food including loads of vegan stuff. Her selection of hummus recipes leapt out at me. I'm keeping it real, rather than going straight for anything more complicated or ambitious at this early stage of vegan life. I've already linked loads of sexy, slick blogs but I particularly like this one thanks to the personal mentions about making a mess, having a messy kitchen table etc etc. Please let there be other honest, messy people out there, especially ones that make and beautifully photograph vegan food this simple and incredible looking. I just hope that it tastes as good as it looks and that she's telling the truth about the mess.

Check our her beautiful pics and super simple Curried Pumpkin Hummus, Sundried Tomato and Coriander Hummus (let's forgive for the use of the word Cliantro. I've googled it to double check. Apparently it's just Coriander with an American accent) or the Herbed Hummus.

Two more bonus mentions for today.... on googling to double check Cilantro, I discovered an amusing hate site called I Hate Cilantro


I also had a little play on StumbledUpon and stumbled very quickly upon what might just be future staple dessert; Tofu Peanut Butter Pie...

source: http://kzookitchen.com/2011/08/15/my-pie-for-mikey/

(NB - this isn't the original pic of the pie as they made it look pretty disgusting. I'm aiming more for something like this, which also came with a heart warming story. You can read that yourself here without my sarcasm accidentally ruining what is a beautiful idea sprung from a desperately sad event)