Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 20: AM I DEAD?

Call it bad time management, call it my new ridiculous diet, call it too little sleep, call it a combination of all three. Whatever it is, I am virtually dead today. I've had lots of stuff, vegan and otherwise whizzing around my head, but nothing seems to be making it's way out retaining any type of sense. Today's post will therefore be short.

Today's food consumption:

Breakfast: Toast with avocado and hummus

Snacks: a banana, 3 oatcakes with chopped dates and a soya latte

Lunch: vegan burgery thing with potato wedges and lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, sunflower seeds, almonds and apple

Dinner: I could not wait until I got back down South so went to Govinda's in Soho as I knew that was a safe one. It was ok. For £5.95 the small thali includes 2 vegetable dishes, rice (white, brown or vegetable), 'salad' and either a bread roll or a papadum. It was pretty good, but the broccoli dish was not exactly spectacular and the salad was a bit of sad looking lettuce and some tomatoes. The staff were all lovely and the relaxed environment was quite a nice hidey hole in the middle of London but I just don't want to be forced to eat in this way. I feel really sad that eating out is either going to take permanent planning ahead, sticking to vegetarian places or worse becoming a Hare Krishna. Very few of my friends are vegetarian let alone vegan so this is going to get really annoying. I LIKE EATING OUT ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LIKE BUTTER!

The main outcomes of the day are that I don't want to have to find entirely new friends so that I have dining companions and I no longer understand how the term Vegetarian became so widespread and quite so misunderstood. I now see it to mean something more like a vegan that doesn't have a clue what they're eating. I really think that if you're going to eat animal derivatiVes in every meal, you may as well just have a bloody good steak. 

PS - MARKS & SPENCER ARE ABOUT TO GET ANOTHER WRATH RIDDEN EMAIL AS I TRAWLED THROUGH ANOTHER SIMPLY FOOD TO LEAVE EMPTY HANDED AS I COULD NOT FIND A SINGLE THING THAT STATED IT WAS SUITABLE FOR VEGANS. ANNOYING!