Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 24: THE ULTIMATE FAILURE



Day 24 was an accidental, massive, failure in almost every possible way. I failed because I;

  • Didn't write a post
  • Ate chips, from a chip shop cooked in from non vegan oil.
  • I also had mushy peas. I have no idea how you would even begin to make mushy peas but I guess butter and possibly milk? cream?
  • The above offending items were accompanied by sugary, sugary ketchup and a can of tango. Tango?! I never, ever drink tango, so I really don't know what I was thinking. 
  • Tried to guess which beer would be vegan. Secretly thinking I knew the answer, I chose Kronenbourg. A few sips in, my friend whipped out his clever internet phone and used veggiewines to confirm that of all of the beers in this particular pub I had inadvertently selected the wrong one. The barman wouldn't change it so I decided that having already failed on a huge scale, the reign may as well continue. The fish had already been de-bladdered. Wasting the rest of the delicious pint was not going to take that back.
At the end of what was a very long day, I made my friend promise never to speak of the repeat failing. Instead though, I've decided to discuss it myself as I did promise to be honest here and a day of shameful introspection has given me an interesting perspective. I have returned to a topic that has popped up in my thought process a few times; the notion of boundaries. As this is technically day 25, I am signing out here, to return to discuss this further....