Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 14: VEGAN MUFFINS AND TIME MANAGEMENT



This is going to be a quick mention, as opposed to a proper post, to prove that I'm a woman of my word.

As I desperately tried to get to sleep sometime between 1 - 4am after a supposedly relaxing and sleep inducing bath, book and snack free time, it occurred to me that time management is one of the big issues I'm battling against. Being a vegan means you do not have the option of grabbing quick food, whether that's ready made sandwich style or popping into the nearest corner shop for something nutritious when you don't want fruit. As a student, I don't have the budget for eating out everyday as a vegetarian let alone a vegan. I therefore have to shop in appropriate places and prepare all meals and snacks. What a blessing, for the first time in my life I know pretty much exactly what's going into my body. Instead of willpower, I've given myself a strict framework to work within and although an effort, it is working. 

So, today is a life organise/ plan day. I have two weeks until a monster deadline so need to reign in the chaos that has taken oven my life, yet again.



PS- I wrote yesterdays post in the Borough branch of the chain Le Pain Quotidien.


www.lepainquotidien.co.uk


The staff were all lovely and well informed about the veggie and vegan options. The place was airy, calm, equipped with fast wifi and open til 10pm, so perfect for a bit of late night computer work. Sadly their vegan muffin tasted like an old shoe. I was assured it was baked that day but I'm really not convinced. It was my first ever vegan muffin though so perhaps I am yet to discover that they're consistently hard and disappointing. Another snack off the list.