Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 8 (Urgent update): I JUST FOUND GOD

Just when I really thought that such a thing did not exist. I was wrong. I found him, her, whatever we want to call it. The mysterious thing is indeed divine, very well branded and not as hideously out of reach as I first thought: £6.49  for 500ml.



Oh my word. This stuff is incredible. The lovely guy in Sunny Foods, Brighton (76 Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, BN1 6DD) advised that as I'd never tried it before I should go carefully to get used to the flavour. Erm, he clearly didn't know who he was dealing with. I had to go carefully not to wear the pot like a mask within the first mouthful. It's just so insanely good. The colour disturbed me a little at first and I will even go as far as to say the consistency seemed dubious but instantly upon tasting it, I knew how wrong I was to judge. The flavour is rich, full, intense and leapt at my sugar deprived tastebuds like nothing I've ever experience. Those wonderful people of Norfolk know exactly what they are doing. I have a selection of ex boyfriends from that very region, so should never have doubted their powers.
Ben, Jerry, if we were facebook friends, you would now need to consider yourselves deleted as I will not be back. If there was any doubt as to whether April might see me leaping at the nearest cheese counter/ Thorntons/ Ice cream van, Booja-Booja may just have made the final decision. I think that on Day Eight I can say that I intend to be a full time vegan, March and beyond. If you refer to my post from day seven, you will understand that I will not be admitting this to any carnivores I speak to this month.

Before I depart, Booja-Booja have fatgayvegan, my shining light, to thank for this discovery and their new guaranteed custom. I don't know when I would have found them otherwise. You can read his equally complimentary review here: http://fatgayvegan.com/2011/01/06/vegan-ice-cream-wars-continue/

The only dangerous thing for Booja-Booja is that fatgayvegan has also recently become an advocate of a competitor called www.bessantanddrury.com. In the name of decency I will have to make sure I give that a go soon to compare notes. In which case, perhaps I should get the Booja-Booja back out of the freezer and wear it like a mask after all?